Easy & filling low-carb Keto mashed potatoes
These keto-friendly mashed potatoes are gluten-free, low-carb, comforting and filling soul-food
Winter is around the corner and what could be more comforting than a delicious homemade mashed potato. This classic dish has had a keto makeover to make it healthier and keto-friendly, but I promise you, it tastes just as good as the original, or in fact, even better.
These keto-friendly mashed potatoes are gluten – and dairy-free, low-carb, comforting and filling soul-food. They make a great side dish that goes well with many types of fish or meat.
The key to making this low-carb mashed potatoes is the combination of broth with the celery knob, broccoli and herbs. So to keep the mashed potatoes moist, follow the easy and simple steps from this easy healthy recipe in the method below.
This low-carb recipe is packed with brain pleasing flavours and makes a great side dish to almost any dinner. It’s also super filling and comforting and will curb those cravings.
Prep time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for this low-carb keto mashed potatoes
- 1 to 2 cups of home-made bone broth (if you don’t have time to make your own bone-broth, you can also check out the ones of Dr Axe or Dr Kellyans)
- 1 broccoli cut in big pieces
- 1 celery knob cut in big pieces
- Few cloves of garlic cut in small pieces or organic garlic powder
- Some fresh Curcuma or organic Curcuma powder
- Some fresh ginger cut in small pieces or some organic ginger powder
- Some fresh lemongrass cut in small pieces
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Organic black pepper to taste
- Some beef fat or olive oil
- Therapeutic nutmeg essential oil or organic nutmeg powder
Note: only use therapeutic food-grade essential oils.
Method for this low-carb keto mashed potatoes
- Begin by heating a pan and add the beef fat or olive oil
- Add the broccoli and stir
- Add the garlic, ginger, Curcuma and lemongrass and stir
- Then add the celery know and add the bone broth on top of it and stir again.
- Mix the Himalayan salt and organic black pepper to taste and stir
- Put the temperate lower and add a cover on the pot
- Let it simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes
- Prior to mixing, in case you don’t see any broth left, you may add a bit more to keep the mash moist
- Mix it all together with a blender
- Add the nutmeg powder or few drops of food-grade nutmeg essential oils and stir again
- Serve and Bon Appetit
Spotlight Ingredient: nutmeg
Nutmeg is a spice that is commonly used across various cuisines and valued for it’s sweet and delicious aroma. Did you know that nutmeg is a natural anti-inflammatory and pain reliever? It also helps treat insomnia, has calming effects, is de-stressing and sleep-inducing.
If you are suffering from digestive issues, give nutmeg a try. It contains essential oils which have carminative effects on our body systems.
Nutmeg is also a stimulant for the brain, helps concentration and is effective to help treat depression and even works as an aphrodisiac. Sounds like the perfect herbs when you are on date out.
And if that wasn’t enough it is also an amazing ingredient for DIY skincare and can help combat bad breath.
Instead of using organic nutmeg powder you can also choose therapeutic grade nutmeg essential oils to enjoy even more health benefits.
Empowering others via my anti-ageing wellness platform and holistic health books
I hope you liked this easy Keto-friendly meatloaf recipe. If you would like to learn more about holistic living and clean beauty lifestyle, ensure to check out other pages of this anti-ageing wellness platform.
I changed the way I eat in 2011 when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue and adrenal fatigue, conditions where the thyroid is affected. I had no energy, was exhausted, desperate, and my weight had sky-rocketed.
Because of that, I decided to ditch sugars, processed foods, grains, dairy and toxic chemicals. And step-by-step, I introduced a whole-foods-based (first Paleo) and later an AIP (autoimmune protocol) friendly ketogenic approach to food which gave me my life, vitality, happiness and energy back!
Now, through my holistic wellness books and anti-ageing health platform, I want to empower people around the world do the same and regain their health, hair, life, vitality and beauty!