Heavenly Keto Salmon with Lemon, Garlic and Ghee
Delicious & filling Keto Salmon with Lemon, Garlic and Ghee
Salmon makes a great addition to all diets but for those on the keto diet, it’s essential, as it’s packed with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. This simple keto recipe would make the ideal weekday dinner. It’s so delicious and filling that you barely notice it’s missing carbs!
This garlic and ghee salmon is served with a leek and ginger saute, which compliments it perfectly. However, you can swap it for a salad if you’re pressed for time.
If your budget can stretch to it I would definitely recommend buying wild salmon over the normal store-bought option, which is farmed. Farmed salmon is still a healthy option so don’t worry too much if the eye-watering high price of wild salmon isn’t within your budget!
Farmed salmon contains healthy fats, and tends to be bigger in size, but it could also potentially contain more contaminants than wild salmon. Wild salmon also tends to contain less mercury, so if you are pregnant or suffering from a chronic illness it might be a better option for you.
You can serve this recipe up in about 30 minutes, and, even if your family aren’t on the keto diet, they can enjoy this fulfilling meal too. They might even buy into a carb-free night after they sample this dish!
Ingredients for this Keto Salmon with Lemon, Garlic and Ghee
For the salmon:
* 2 fillets of salmon with the skin on
* 1 tbsp of pure natural ghee
* 4 cloves of garlic, minced
* 2 tsp of lemon juice
* 1 Lime cut into fine slices
* Organic Himalayan Salt to taste
* Organic Black Pepper to taste
For the saute:
* 10 spears of asparagus chopped into small pieces
* 1 onion very finely chopped and some fresh garlic very finely chopped as well
* 1 leek chopped into small pieces
* 2 tsp of organic ginger powder (of fresh ginger)
* 2 sticks of lemongrass finely chopped
* Organic Avocado oil or cold pressed organic olive oil
* 1 tbsp of lemon juice
* Himalayan Salt to taste
* some bone broth (chicken, beef, fish) or purified water
* organic curry powder
* organic garam masala
* fresh coriander
* optional some organic full fat coconut milk
Method for this keto Salmon with Lemon, Garlic and Ghee
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Combine the ghee, lemon juice, garlic, and some Himalayan salt in a mixing bowl
- Pour over the salmon fillets (skin side down) and leave to marinade for 10 minutes (or longer if your schedule permits)
- Make small incisions into the skin of the salmon and add the slices of lime into it, before covering with aluminium foil
- Place in the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes, then open the foil up and cook the salmon for another 10 minutes.
- While you wait for that to cook begin on the saute
- Bake the onion and the chopped leeks in a toxin-free frying pan with olive oil before adding the asparagus
- Leave to cook for few minutes before adding the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, curry powder, garam masala, lemon juice and Himalayan salt
- Add the bone broth and let it simmer for a couple more minutes on a low temp
- Optional: add the full-fat coconut milk
- Spoon the sauce over the plates and place the salmon on top
- Garnish with some freshly squeezed lemon juice, fresh coriander and Himalayan salt
Ingredient Spotlight: Wild Salmon
There are so many great health benefits of eating wild salmon – I promise that after a few months you will notice a huge difference in the way you feel and look if you make it a regular part of your diet.
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, wild salmon is the ideal keto superfood. Eating this fish regularly could help protect you against a host of illnesses and diseases including heart attack and stroke.
Eating salmon can help improve brain function (due to those EPA and DHA omega-3 fats), reduce inflammation and also improve the quality of your skin, hair and nails. It’s also easily digestible and provides you with a great source of protein, which is an essential part of a healthy keto diet. Just one 3 oz portion of salmon contains 15g of protein.
If you want to up your Omega 3 game, you can also look into adding pure natural omega 3 oils to your diet, such as this Omega 3 fish supplement from Viva Naturals (which is burpless:). Viva naturals also have a great Krill oil with Astaxanthin which is an important antioxidant, helps prevent cancer, nourishes the skin, helps heal the heart, improve male fertility and fight against joint pain.
Empowering others via my anti-ageing wellness platform and holistic health books
I hope you liked this keto Salmon with Lemon, Garlic and Ghee recipe. If you would like to learn more about holistic living and clean beauty lifestyle, ensure to check out other pages of this anti-ageing wellness platform.
I changed the way I eat in 2011 when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue and adrenal fatigue, conditions where the thyroid is affected. I had no energy, was exhausted, desperate, and my weight had sky-rocketed.
Because of that, I decided to ditch sugars, processed foods, grains, dairy and toxic chemicals. And step-by-step, I introduced a whole-foods-based (first Paleo) and later an AIP (autoimmune protocol) friendly ketogenic approach to food which gave me my life, vitality, happiness and energy back!
Now, through my holistic wellness books and anti-ageing health platform, I want to empower people around the world do the same and regain their health, hair, life, vitality and beauty!