Essential oil uses: Your herbal medicine that comes straight from the earth
Essential oils are Your herbal medicine in nature’s most powerful form
Essential oils are nature in its most powerful form. The aromatic liquids are extracted from certain roots, flowers, grasses, fruits leaves and trees. In addition, essential oils go through a delicate process of creation. They are very concentrated and contain hundreds of unique compounds.
Every single essential oil serves many diversified purposes. They work on the cellular, physical, emotional, intellectual, aesthetical and physical level. This is invaluable.
The reason why I adore essential oils so much is that they can help you take control of your life, health, spirit and environment. You can improve your well-being on so many levels with these oils, without the use of toxic chemicals. On top of that, they are fundamental to the food, health, beauty and medicine industries.
If anything in the world is holistic, I think these herbal treasures are without doubt. Their system is in biochemical harmony with the human body. Besides that, their delivery system is incredibly efficient. If you compare essential oils and chemical drugs, the drugs seem primitive in its effectiveness and use.
Why you should use essential oils
In Modern day times, scientific research confirms eras of effective uses. Essential oils enter and leave the body with great efficiency. In addition, they leave no toxins floating. Averagely they contain hundred different components such as esters, aldehydes, ketones, terpenes, and phenols. More new components continue to be discovered.
During my research, I learned that essential oils are derived from phenylpropane, which is the precursor of amino acids.
Amino-acids are the building blocks for nearly every cell in our body. This is from the smallest molecules such as an enzyme to the make-up of our brain, organs and entire skeleton,
Essential oils increase the blood flow in our bodies. This increase improves the effectiveness of our immune system. In return blood viscosity decreases. There is not one part of our entire body that is not benefiting from improved blood-circulation.
Imagine how beneficial these oils can be for your health, beauty, mind, body, soul and hair too.
Essential oil uses
it’s easy to be cynical about the effectiveness of essential oil uses when it comes to our physical or mental well-being.
However, as time goes by, there are a growing number of scientific research to support the use of essential oils for inflammation, mental health, skin health, regrowing hair as well as inflammation.
Here we go again, talking about chronic inflammation, one of the main subjects of this blog. To those of you who don’t know what chronic inflammation means this is your body’s immune response to stress, physical irritation or unresolved immune responses that haven’t fully healed.
Inflammation is an incredibly common condition that affects many people. However, the reasons why and how it occurs is not so straightforward.
Put simply, inflammation is the body’s response to any harm that befalls it. It’s main purpose and function is to protect and preserve the body. Linked to the body’s immune system, when infection or injury invades the body, inflammation is triggered to fight it.
To help your body deal with inflammation and pain it can be super helpful to incorporate anti-inflammation diet, herbs, ozone therapy, and yes, even essential oils with anti-inflammatory properties into your daily healthcare routine.
Essential oils are used in many diverse ways; there are people who prefer inhalation through aromatherapy, massage with essential oil serums, baths, and many of us also ingest pure therapeutic oils in a capsule with a carrier oils. Always consult an aromatherapist or naturopath prior to ingesting oils and ensure you are using oils that are safe to ingest.
Health, mind, anti-bacterial, meditative, anti-ageing and healing uses of essential oils
- anti-bacterial (peppermint, lemon, clove, tea tree, thyme, copaiba)
- analgesic (peppermint, lavender, clary sage, copaiba, German and Roman chamomile, sweet marjoram)
- sedative (jasmine, lavender, sweet marjoram, neroli and orange)
- anti-viral (peppermint, lemon, clove, tea tree, thyme, copaiba)
- anti-fungal ( tea tree, thyme, geranium, peppermint, neem, clove, lemon)
- nervine (for stress relief, Roman chamomile, neroli, clary sage, bergamot, lavender, sweet marjoram, vetiver
- antiseptic (tea tree, grapefruit, oregano, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus, thyme)
- anti-inflammatory (Eucalyptus, frankincense, lavender, evening primrose oil, ginger, turmeric, ginger, basil)
- improves digestion (ginger, fennel, celery, peppermint, cardamom)
- deodorising (rose, lavender, geranium, cardamom, sandalwood, neroli)
- anti-spasmodic (basil, bergamot, cardamom, chamomile, helichrysum, lavender, marjoram, spikenard)
- stimulating (rosemary, lemon, tangerine, grapefruit, peppermint, spearmint)
- anti-venomous, anti-toxic (lavender, tea tree oil, turmeric, copaiba and also think of charcoal powder)
- anti-depressant (rose, geranium, lavender, wild ginger, bergamot, ylang-ylang, sandalwood, basil, jasmine, orange, clary sage, turmeric, patchouli, cedarwood)
- improves blood circulation (ginger, cypress, eucalyptus, coriander, wintergreen, juniper, black pepper, lavender)
- diuretic (absolute benzoin, cedar, celery seed, onion, patchouli, sweet marjoram)
- uplifting (bergamot, white fir, grapefruit, helichrysum, frankincense, lavender, myrrh, orange)
- inspiring (tangerine, frankincense, lavender, clary sage, jasmine, peppermint)
- improve creativity (bergamot, cinnamon, cloves, eucalyptus, lemon, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, neroli, rose, sandalwood, palo santo-
- cell-regenerating (frankincense, calendula, carrot seed, myrrh, geranium, cedarwood, copaiba, borage)
- anti-ageing (frankincense, lemon, sandalwood, clary sage, pomegranate, jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang, rosemary
- aids in meditation, spirituality (frankincense, palo santo, nutmeg, sandalwood, clary sage, lavender)
- and the list goes on…
In the beauty industry, the beautifying and cell-rejuvenating properties matter the most.
Empowering others via my anti-ageing wellness platform and holistic and clean beauty lifestyle!
I hope you liked this post about essential oil uses. If you would like to learn more about essential oils, regrowing hair naturally or holistic living and clean beauty lifestyle, ensure to check out more pages of this anti-ageing wellness platform.
For a few years, I suffered from exhaustion and thinning, lifeless hair that was falling out at a rapid rate.
Enough was enough – I decided to take drastic action and switched to a completely natural, non-toxic, healthy and holistic haircare and health routine. The results were astounding, and after a lot of hard work, my health and hair are now healthier and glossier than ever before!
Now, through my holistic wellness books and anti-ageing health platform, I want to empower people around the world do the same and regain their health, hair, life, vitality, confidence and beauty!